In prepping for the presentation, I tried to consider things from a number of angles that would (hopefully) be beneficial for attendees who were totally unfamiliar with the tech, somewhat familiar, and extremely familiar. This being AdMonsters, I was also careful not to suggest the right path for those in attendance, but also speak to our personal experience thus far.
The results were a deck that focused on:
- Defining the technology
- Understanding the page load process with ‘Tagless’ enabled
- Things to consider about this tech in general
- What’s required to make this tech work
- Why this is beneficial for ‘Tagless’ partners when enabled
- (Potential) Pros of this setup
- (Potential) Cons of this setup
- Players in the space
- Strategic considerations
- Does the term ‘Tagless’ even make sense? Alternative naming solutions
- Questions for the group
While I think each publisher should carefully weigh the pros and cons of adding this tech, I can say it’s provided lift for our properties thus far with minimal increase in latency.
In the coming days we’ll be posting a more technical look at what’s required here written by our ad engineer, Jon Crowell which I’m really excited about.
Until then, stay ‘Tagless’ not swag-less…